Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Bad Day

My daughter shared with me that bad day she’d had. She started out the day having to press a pair of pants for her husband who was running late. That, in turn, made her late leaving for work. Getting out of her car, she stepped into an icy puddle which flooded her boots. She remembered she had an extra pair of white tights in her backpack and thought she’d put them on to warm her frozen feet. But when she pulled them out, she discovered a purple pen had exploded in her backpack and colored everything, including her white tights.
Where is God on a day when everything that can go wrong does?
Mary must have been having one of those days also. She had to leave the comforts of home to go on a long journey when all she wanted to do was stay warm and cozy in the nest of familiar surroundings. She rode on a donkey, slow, smelly and miserable, not to mention the baby that kicked with every plodding step of the trip. She was tired, hungry and sore when they arrived at their destination only to discover they had no place to stay.
Her husband managed to find a barn for the night, a dirty, musty, unpleasant place, but at least she was out of the weather, and they’d have a little privacy. But, her day was about to get a whole lot worse when her baby decided to be born in that stable.
Where was God on that day when everything that could go wrong did?

Who am I?

When God called Moses to go to Pharaoh and demand freedom for His people, Moses replied, "Who am I that I should go?"

Who am I? A busy person with a job, and a house and a husband and two cats.

Who am I? A mom and grandma and sister and friend.

Who am I? A writer, a photographer, a nurse, a Mission Team leader.

Who am I? An ordinary person like you. Yet God has called me. Perhaps you have also heard His call.

These writings are my musings about the life God has called me to live. I hope you will find hope, encouragement, perhaps a smile in them, along with the love God has for you in the purpose of your life. Write and tell me your thoughts.